Monday, March 29, 2010

Blindsided

First off I screwed up in my last post I still have 12 to take but instead of 12 credits it is 12 classes. I am sorry that is my bad. I would have only had about 9 or so but I have to take a year of a foreign language in order to transfer to a four year school. Sorry my fingers typed that so fast I didn't know what the heck I had typed until the post was already up and people had commented. Sorry. Okay now back to the intent of this post. I HATE it when something major happens that primarily affects someone else but then you also become involved involuntarily and it becomes an uncomfortable situation for everyone involved. I can't help but feel blindsided and uncomfortable when that happens. Case in point, my brother in law and his wife have just recently decided to separate which is NOT our business that is theirs however we did become involved when Sunday dinner came for mom. The plan was for his wife to pick us up and she and I would put together dinner which I had most everything for and she was going to be doing desert. Well, that didn't happen she picked us up from where she has been staying was totally distracted it was a really uncomfortable car ride you could cut the tension with a knife. She reluctantly bought a pie for mom so at least she had something special for desert then she took us to what had been their house and while I was starting to make dinner she and my brother in law proceeded to talk and argue rather loudly out on the front lawn with their front door open. Damian was on his computer so he could tune it out but I couldn't so I at least closed the door so I wasn't eavesdropping but even then through the window I could hear it and they have double paned windows. Then after she had left he then decided to tell us about it and then the day before mom's birthday when mom and dad arrived he decided to drop the bomb on them. Dani wasn't there and she had no intention to be and that's fine that is their choice and their marriage but we didn't handle the situation well and neither did mom and dad but I'm sorry what did they expect I can't help but feel like they blindsided us. The dinner was really uncomfortable for everyone although dad and mom did try and lighten the mood some with humor. I know it's not our concern but something like Dani and I have decided to separate for a little while while we talk some things out would have been nicer than just pretending everything is normal and fine when it's not and then you can cut through the tension. With some advanced warning we could have taken the bus since Dani didn't want to be there. I don't like being blindsided at all and I don't handle that well at all one of my nervous habits is to talk too much when I get uncomfortable so that happened last night and then my brother in law got pissed at me. Well, I'm sorry what the heck did he expect and dad wasn't happy either and neither was mom well again I'm sorry this was supposed to be a celebration and a nice family dinner for mom's birthday that was NOT the right time for them to drop a bomb like that one everyone.

No comments: