Monday, March 15, 2010

Girl Time

Saturday turned into an impromptu girls night out although it honestly didn't start out that way. Friday I got a job so of course I had to call everybody that I could to tell them all about it. I called Christina of course and while she was headed for work she still found a couple of minutes to cheer for me. Well, Saturday late morning she called me from her aunt's phone to talk with me about it and be thrilled for me which of course feels wonderful. It feels great when you feel that much love and support. That's what is great about her just like we help each other when we feel down we cheer for each other too. I also love her aunt Margie for understanding our friendship and letting us use her phone to talk to each other. Anyway, she asked what we were up to and so I told her we were going to go see Alice in Wonderland in 3D with Damian's mom and dad so she wanted to go really bad so she traveled from Mullen, ID to see it with us. We watched the movie and it was pretty good. We also had homemade pizza and I even made sure that I had her favorite pop on hand slushing in the freezer just like she likes it. Am I a good best friend or what lol? We got to talking of course like we always tend to do about fun stuff and about serious stuff and it was really good. Talking to a best friend is good therapy I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. Damian understood so he just gave me a hug and a kiss and said come to bed whenever you want to dear. Christina got a 1am chocolate craving so we went to Walmart and somehow we ended up from the food section with our chocolate and a little something for Damian and landed in the toy aisles and the health and beauty section and the home decor stuff. Did I mention Christina has ADD? That might explain part of that and like a best friend does she did let me tease her a little about it we would be going through an aisle and I would be talking to her she would be right behind me then I would turn around and she would be somewhere else. I would then have to say oooohhh shiny that's our little joke based on the bumper sticker I have attention deficit dis ooooh shiny. We had fun and that's when I think you know you have a best friend when you can have fun anywhere you go even in a Walmart and when they are willing to split their chocolate with you. I have a lot of wonderful friends male and female and they all make me smile but it's still nice to have that one best girl friend that really understands you. She lifts me up when I get down and can make me smile and she can also bring out the fighting spirit in me when I want to give up. She's amazing I am so grateful that God gave her to me. We did spend many many years apart but we are making up for lost time and I see now that I did miss something amazing when she wasn't there. She's become in some sense of the word an unrelated sister and that feels pretty darn cool.

No comments: