I truly believe that everyone who is in our lives is there for a reason and a purpose long or short. I have been blessed my whole life with many wonderful loving supportive friends. I have lost track of some and some have come back. It's wonderful when I don't see a friend or talk to them for ten years if not longer and with a little effort on our part it's like we were never apart. I have recently gotten in touch with a dear friend of mine Breck that I met in the sixth grade and she lived so close to me that we were always at each others house. We stayed close for a long time but then after I got married we drifted apart for awhile. I honestly think that we both had some growing up to do but now just when we needed each other we were brought back together. I don't think that's an accident. I treasure all my good friendships. It takes time and work to keep them going but the happiness and joy and love that results from them is worth the time, energy and effort. I love all my friends some of them have become an extension of my family there isn't anything that we won't do for each other or to help each other. That is a wonderful feeling to know that I am loved and cared for that much. Life is hard enough as it is I can't imagine how cold and hard and lonely it would be without a friend to help light your way and help you when you stumble and to keep you laughing when you would much rather cry. I am so thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who has surrounded me with all my dear friends and to them for all their patience with me over the years.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment