Just a couple of days after I went to my friend Breck's house she had her baby girl. Aurora Quinn was born on Sunday afternoon weighing in at over 7lbs. She and her mother are doing just fine. I am so happy for my dear friend and I have no doubt that she will be a good mother. She has been sharing her pregnancy with me and she has been sharing her thoughts and feelings with me so much that I felt like I was a part of that and that is special to be part of something that means so much to a dear friend. Not to toot my own horn but this also means that my healing process is complete. When you can be deliriously happy for someone else without any pangs of regret or sadness you know you have healed and that wound is no longer festering. I am happy to know that this wound has healed for me because I wasn't going to adopt a child and become their mommy if I was still aching to be pregnant and give birth to my own. I was not going to do that to that child if I was going to adopt it was going to be with a heart full of love to give and I was going to give it all that I had. It also feels good to move on and to move forward and to be happy for and share in the happiness of my friends and family who have had or who are having babies.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to say, I've always had the aching heart of not being able to get pg, but I did adopt both our children with a full heart and gave nothing less.
It's okay to still want that Amanda! You're not taking anything away from your future children!
It's good that you are healing in your own way! Congrats to your friend Breck! I too got to experience most of Mary's pg w/her. I felt so connected to Baeya from day one! I'm glad there are people out there who can share their pg w/people like us :)
I know I'm pg now, but I understand to the very core of how you feel!
Post a Comment