Anyone who knows me well knows that patience is not a virtue of mine. I've been working on it in recent years however. Being married helps give me practice and so does being an auntie to some adorable kids and teaching the Sunbeams in Primary. I especially get impatient when I want something really bad. Waiting is hard for me even though I know that it's necessary so I can prepare what I will need but still I get impatient when I want something really bad but still have to wait for it. We both want to be adoptive parents really bad but right now we know that won't be able to be a reality. We are working on changing that and while we are making progress it's still hard to be patient. Damian is working with DVR Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and I don't have any doubts that they will be able to do wonders with him and helping him become self sufficient. I am proud of him the biggest step is admitting you need help and then getting it. I am looking for employment so we can get out of the crappy trailer we live in and find something decent and while we are at it at least start paying down our debts. It's daunting when I think about all we need to do still to get our lives in order but in the end what keeps us going is the thought of being able to be adoptive parents and FINALLY having a child or two of our own. We just got to keep our eyes on the prize I guess.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amanda, you're wonderful! I know patience is really a difficult virtue to attain, but we all work on it in our own way and our own time. Just think, by the time the kids do come, you'll be so much more stress free. You'll have a good home, hopefully no debt, and Damian will be on his own two feet. At least that's what I pray for in regards to you guys.
Love you bunches and just keep faithful. He knows how much you want it, now you need to show him.
Tamy
Post a Comment