Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Storm Blew Over

I really don't know what the deal is with Damian's folks just as quickly as they yell and scream and say things and act like idiots it is all over and they pretent NOTHING happened. I don't know what to make of it exactly but I'm not going to be the one to rock the boat again at least for now. We did go over to their house last night and we had a GOOD show fireworks are legal in the city of Airway Heights and we didn't have to buy any we got a kick out of just watching. We also had some hamburgers and chips so that worked out. I have decided with his parents and aunt that they are interesting critters and it takes all kinds of people to make up this world so I'm just going to go with the flow. I have decided that trying to figure them out is pointless so I'm not going to waste my time and energy anymore. I just really want Damian to keep going with his therapy no matter what because it's the only way we both will be able to find peace and happiness and will be able to add to our family. I already have made it perfectly clear that until his mood stabilizes I'm not going to bring a baby into the mix. At the same time though they are perfectly gentle and calm when it involves their cats or babies. I think a BIG part of it is that Damian's mom devoted herself wholly to her kids and now that they are adults and can run their own lives she doesn't know how to handle herself and dad wants to help her feel good about herself so he tries to still tell his kids what to do and how it's going to be. I'm sorry it doesn't work that way...their youngest is 27 or will be in November so as hard as it may be for them they need to learn to adjust because the my way or no way stragedy is NOT working anymore.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

"interesting critters"...I like that, you crack me up. :)