Thursday, July 16, 2009

Making this world a better place to be

Last night I was doing some thinking that came about after finding out about some volunteer work that my father in law was doing that I would have not known had I not called and asked if he could take me to my dentist appointment tomorrow morning. He never mentions any of his volunteer work and that's what I love about him he is eager to help but he NEVER says anything about any of it. I didn't know this until the 4th of July this year but he served in the Army and ever since then has done all he can to help support and love our veterans in his own way. He attends funerals he does motorcyle rides with other veterans wearing proudly his red white and blue do rag and he is involved with volunteering for the veteran's sporting events being held this week in Spokane. Many other family members and people I love also do their part and you know that's what makes me still have hope for this world. While there is a lot of ugliness and hatred and pain there is still lots of beauty and love and healing as well living on through people like my father in law and many others who freely give of their time to help. This also speaks volumes to me about his love for this country it doesn't stop after he served he still finds a way to support our heros who gave all they have for our behalf. He is inspiring me and I'm thinking that I have a debt of gratitude to pay their must be something I can do to help our veterans know that I appreciate them and what they did.

No comments: