Thursday, July 2, 2009
Our prayers have been answered
I am so relieved right now it's not even funny Damian got back from his appointment today and he told me that his counselor will be working with him quite closely to help him get his bipolar under control...she did acknowledge that she can not prescribe medication for him but she will be finding someone who can and that in addition to regular counseling sessions with her and Cloud his cat being his official therapy animal he will be on his way to finding some normalcy. Cloud is Damian's cat and has always been in tune with Damian and his moods and sometimes that cat is all Damian wants and no one else so I'm thankful that Damian will be given paperwork that allows Cloud to go with us to every apartment from now on whether they allow pets or not. Basically the only difference between a service pet and a therapy animal is that with a service pet you HAVE to take them everywhere you go with a therapy animal you do not but they are still helpful for you in relaxing you and helping you with your therapy. Damian has a few appointments this month to get things rolling. He sounded better all ready I think just by having someone acknowledge that he isn't going crazy and that how he's feeling can be treated. I also really feel like the therapy sessions will help him quite a bit he has a lot of unresolved anger and issues from his past and his childhood that need to be taken care of. I really am thankful that we are going to be able to get him the help that he will need to start feeling better. He will always be bipolar but over time his symptoms will improve and we can find a sense of normalcy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment