Sunday, April 12, 2009

Trying to Put into words what Easter Means to me

I am really going to try and put down into words what Easter means to me although it won't be easy to do. It's not about the eggs, or the chocolate or the pretty dresses although those are nice it's more than that. To me it is about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and about his sacrifice for us so that our best can be good enough. We are imperfect human beings who will make mistakes and because of his sacrifice he made it possible for us to change our lives and still be able to have eternal life with Heavenly Father. I have a different view on things and I know that sometimes I seem to be more liberal or open minded than a Latter Day Saint "should" be but I think that's because I don't think it's my place to judge someone else how they live their life, how they worship or what choices they make. I feel that it is my responsibility to police myself and try and make good choices in my life and not worry so much about what everyone else is doing. Days like today help remind me that Heavenly Father loved us all so much that he sent his only begotten son to die for all of us and that is a sobering thought to know that I am loved that much that he would do that without hesitation. Another very important part of this is also that Jesus Christ rose again and was resurrected and obtained eternal life and that through him it is possible to obtain the same.

No comments: