I haven't written since high school and I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be writing again. I have forgotten how much I really enjoy it and now thanks to the advice of a dear friend who also writes I don't plan on giving up my passion ever again. I gave it up because I let someone's personal opinion get in the way I believed her when she said I wasn't any good. Now, I know that was just her opinion and that not everyone is going to love what I write and that's okay. I have now learned to write for me also my friend told me not to force my stories that the story will write itself if I relax and let it just come out. I have started to follow that advice and have found that my stories have gotten so much better and that they feel much more natural but also that sometimes they take on a life of their own so to speak. I'm working on a story right now and I have also found that I have been able to incorporate some of my own life experiences into my writing and that I know more now than I did when I was 18 but of course that is a good thing that means I am growing and maturing. I am looking forward to the wonderful journey that this story will take me on and I'm curious how it will turn out because right now I have no clue.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment