Sunday, April 5, 2009

My sister in law is my hero!!!

I love Dani so much right now I could just hug her to pieces. She took me to Winco today to get groceries before anyone judges let me just say that yes I know it is Sunday and technically we aren't supposed to shop on that day but it was the only day of the week she has off she is scheduled to work 6 days a week so given this situation I can understand why it had to be today. Well anyway, we got our shopping done and we got to talking about the family reunion in August over in Port Angeles and we both found out that it was going to be easier for us to fly into Seattle and then rent a car and drive to Port Angeles we were going to do this because both us and them have a phobia about driving LONG distances it gives us both severe anxiety not good when you need to focus on the road and your driving. We also found out that we were going to fly in the same day so we talked it over and we are going to save each other some money by flying into Seattle together and then sharing the cost of one rental car for the weekend. We also found out thanks to them that there is a Super 8 in Port Angeles that has way cheaper rates than the Quality Inn does and we don't have to give up having a continental breakfast. Damian and I were pricing the weekend at being over 1000 dollars but I tell you I need to learn from them how to research trips better because Dani and Shawn found a way to get our tickets to Seattle, hotel rooms and the rental car for about 600 bucks. That is really doable compared to what Damian and I thought it was going to cost us. We also decided to book the flights at the same time using their debit card but we come over that night to their house and just hand them cash that they can use to put back in their account and then we are going to split the cost of the rental car and gas given privacy issues the only thing we are NOT going to split is a hotel room.We are going to do it this way even though we all have debit cards because we want to make sure that we get the same exact flight etc. This is the whole reason why right now Dani is my hero. I love this woman and I'm glad we are able to start planning this and working out the details of how we are going to be able to go. I can actually start getting excited now that we will be able to go!!!

No comments: