Thursday, April 2, 2009

Amazed!!!

I realized my last blog date and saw that I have been slipping lately lol. I have had some time to really think lately about a lot and I am amazed at a lot of things. I'm amazed that I'm finding more inner courage and strength and self control than I thought I had. I'm amazed that people can sometimes stoop so low to hurt others but even more so that I don't care anymore. I don't care about the gossip and stories being passed around because they weren't there they don't know both sides and they don't know that sometimes things are done for a good reason. I'm amazed at the love and compassion of good friends and people who really care and the depth of that love and compassion. I'm amazed that my heart is growing more and more elastic and able to take more and more people into it and love. I'm amazed that I can stand behind my husband so firmly and be beside him through everything he has had to do to help find himself and who he is. I am amazed that I learned how to calmly assert myself and my positition without anger and without yelling and most importantly without backing off and backing down. I never knew that I could do any of this until I needed to. I would chicken out and run away and hide or wonder what I could do to try and "make" people like me. Honestly now I'm not being a cold hearted selfish person but I don't care anymore. All I can do is be me and who God made me to be and love the people in my life that I love and make room for more love as I go along.

No comments: