This morning I was woken up at about 8:30 by my husband freaking out calling frantically for his cat Cloud. Let me explain why this upset him Cloud is his therapy animal he is the only cat we have had that understands our need to be loved and cuddled by him. He also does not allow himself to be ignored so this is perfect when Damian falls into his depressions and doesn't even want to get out of bed. Cloud makes him because he will not allow himself to not be petted or taken care of. We knew what happened we have a window missing until our landlord aka slumlord can get it replaced and while we have plastic up to cover the opening we had a wind storm last night and it got loose and out Cloud went. We frantically looked for him and Damian about lost it he looked like a lunatic out there. While I want him to get help I do not want the police involved because then he would not have a choice of a hospital and chances are it would be Eastern and that is NOT a hospital for him to be in Sacred Heart is the better choice. I urged him to go in the house and I would look for him that didn't work so with the help of our next door neighbors they helped us duct tape the window and she has a soft spot for strays so they have 5 cats right now well one of them Gizmo Gizzy for short fell in love with Damian so they let us have her. Not even a few minutes later we found Cloud under the trailer so we let them know and told them they could have her back if they wanted but they said to go ahead and keep her so we will. I learned a few things today, one I was about ready to put Damian in the hospital I even had Dad on standby just in case so I know I have the strength to do it if we needed to and second Damian was on the verge of losing it completely but he pulled it together enough and when he did that's when Cloud came out of hiding because we had called for him under the house. Damian pulling it together tells me a couple of things one he has the mental strength to battle this with help of course and two that he can wait until he can get into a dr next month. We also learned that Spokane Mental Health is useless so don't even bother.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment