I have tried and failed various writing attempts among them a historical fiction novel. I thought it was going really well but when I reread it it sounded less like a story and more like a paper I would have written for school. Then last night as I was watching a movie with my mother in law and Aunt Joy Letters to Juliet I was inspired. I love romance and love always have and this means love in all it's forms. I think that is why I am not ashamed to tell everyone in my life that I love them because I do just in very different ways. This movie was a pure love story plain and simple it didn't have trash in it or sex or stripping of any clothes it was just about love and the heart. I was very inspired by that and that's when I realized something my genre may not be for everyone but I am a romance writer. I can somehow capture emotions of the heart and put them down in words so that's what I intend to do. I also along with that plan to write stories about deep friendships because those can greatly bless and enrich our lives too I know many of mine have. It took me some time and the courage to be true to myself but I now know what I am meant to write about and that is feelings and emotions of the heart. I think those are stories that need to be told it's easy to focus on gore and excitement but what about a simple story that just makes you sigh with happiness when you read it. Who has not been in love and remembers how that felt or who has not been blessed by the hand of a bosom buddy that would do anything for you and you for them?
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved this post! I am so proud of you for continuing to try to find your niche. It's not always easy, but it is so worth it. Don't forget to post some of your new material. I would love to read it as a fellow aspiring writer. Love you bunches!
Post a Comment