Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lexus is three today

My oldest niece is three today it seems like yesterday that sweet little girl was born. I remember all that so vividly I was there during the pregnancy and the preparations for her arrival. She heard my voice I felt her squirming and kicking inside her mom. That little booger decided to play with us so we even had a few trips to the hospital but the day she decided to come she came fast only 7 hours after my sister was induced. I was right there no more than an hour after her birth and I was so enthralled by her and her trust in me. She loved me right away and I loved her too, all the aches over not having my own baby faded away just like that. She was an angel right from her birth and she and I have formed a bond that no one else could share or take from us. Today when I talked to her I was so happy that she was able to say that she loved me too. That little girl was meant to be in our family she is so loving, gentle and kind. She freely smiles and laughs and gives of her loves and kisses. She is learning how to be gentle and loving and to say she is sorry when she hurts someone she even gives kisses when she accidentally gives someone a "boo boo". She is a big help when it comes to her little sister and she loves to make Kaylee giggle and smile. I couldn't imagine my life without little Lexus in it. I am so proud to be her Auntie nothing is better than hearing her little voice talk to me or her hand in mine or feeling her hugs and butterfly like kisses. She was sent here in our family for a reason and she has done more for me than she can ever know. I love that little girl so much I would do anything for her to help keep her safe. It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be her Auntie and to watch her grow up. I wanted to share some pictures of her but I haven't downloaded any recently into my computer however instead I wanted as a sort of tribute for her and to celebrate her birth share a couple of videos. Lexus and I have sort of our songs the first being Return to Pooh Corner I had that on my cell phone and when she was 9 months old I was babysitting her and I would play that for her before nap time. Fitting since her whole room at that time was decorated with Pooh stuff the other one is from Tarzan You'll be in my heart. That little one weaseled her way into my heart and she hasn't stopped since. I have to be fair I don't have favorites but she and I are so close it's not even funny and it's a bond we will always have. She will always be in my heart and I will always love her.


No comments: