Saturday, May 1, 2010

My journey towards becoming a domestic diva

I don't like the terms people have come up for homemakers or housewives. I created my own I call myself a domestic diva that works even when I am working because I still need to help run my household when I come home. On my journey towards becoming a domestic diva I have been helped with wonderful tools the first being a used sewing machine which I currently don't know how to use but I am determined to learn how. The second being a collection of wonderful and very old cookbooks my grandmother used to feed her family of five children along with herself and my grandpa. I am so blessed to have these wonderful old cookbooks where everything including breads and cakes were made from scratch. I have been learning how to cook well and I have learned that in addition to having wonderful recipes you have to have the right equipment and from there you can create wonderful food for your family and friends to enjoy. My grandma gave me a bundt cake pan, a springform pan and an angel food cake pan and she asked me if I knew how to use them and I said nope but I will learn. I am determined to learn how to cook from scratch and make wonderful food. I am determined to learn basic sewing and blanket making and I also want to learn how to do other domestic tasks so I can be able to better take care of my family. This is my quest and I don't intend to fail.

1 comment:

xoelle said...

gosh I wish we were closer to you- I'd come over and we could bake and sew together! Go diva!