Monday, November 30, 2009
A Quiet Thanksgiving
For a long time Damian and I have had crazy hectic Thanksgivings...spending the whole weekend with both sides of the family getting stuffed with way more food than we need to eat. Not that I am complaining it was fun to be able to spend time with family and even a few stray friends of his folks who had no where else to go. I am also thankful that this year we were able to have a quiet Thanksgiving just the two of us. I think people sometimes over look the fact that although we do not have children right now that Damian and I are a family too. Damian's folks were down in California visiting Angela, Randall and baby Ella and we decided that although we enjoy being with everyone that we wanted to just enjoy a quiet day of reflection and conversation together. While Damian was sleeping still I put the ham in the oven as we didn't feel like having turkey this year and prepped the stuffing mix I bought and the sweet potatoes. I already had the pumpkin pies baked so by noon we were ready to eat and we just ate all day long in shifts getting more whenever we got hungry. We had the tv off and we just talked and spent the day together. I love sometimes the hectic craziness of being around lots of family and people but sometimes it is just nice to be together too in our little family. That is a big pet peeve of mine people NOT understanding that while our family is tiny he and I are still a family we are an eternal family unit. We appreciate the invitations don't get me wrong but don't feel sorry for us we get along just fine eating our special dinner and having wonderful conversations together. Damian is my best friend and anytime I get with him is special time especially when it is a holiday. I love and am so grateful for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment