This is the time of year when I naturally start counting my blessings...and this year there have been many and my heart is so full. I'm sure the Lord has more in store for me that's how it is we try to be better people to please him and try and repay a small amount of all that we have been given but then in it's place we are given more. I want to try and just list a few of the blessings I have and try and articulate my gratitude although words will simply not be enough. I have to try though
......I am first and foremost thankful for the love of my Heavenly Father and of Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice on my behalf. I have been living on faith for the last couple of years and I can say that at times walking with faith has been really hard but at the same time I have grown and learned so much as He has kept me safe in the hollow of His hand.
.....I am so grateful for the lessons I have been learning from the little ones I have in Primary. I thought I would be the one teaching them but it has been the other way around they have been teaching me so much. They have been teaching me love, patience, understanding and discernment as I have been learning to listen to them learn gospel truths and try and share with me what they are learning. My heart is full for them all ready and I just barely became their teacher I never knew I could love so much.
....I am so thankful that I have my health and that all my body is intact. I say this in light of the fact that for several days I could barely see because I had a very red very sore eye. I realized then how much I take for granted that my body is whole and fully functioning so I am so thankful for that.
.....Even though it's a crap hole run by a slum lord I have to be thankful for a roof over my head because many don't have that. I am thankful to be warm and dry and protected from the outside weather and along with that I am thankful to have good food to eat.
....I am so thankful for my dear husband and love of my life. He brings a lot of joy and happiness and laughter into my life. We have been together for 10 years and while there has been pain and sorrow there has also been so much joy, laughter and love and I am so grateful to have him and I hope he knows how much I love him and how much having him in my life means to me.
.....By the same token I am so grateful for my family members and their love and support.
....I need to add this separately just because I love them all so much but I am so thankful and grateful for my nieces and nephew who bring so much love and joy into my life and my heart. I love them so so much it's hard to describe. Seeing them brightens my day. Gaige is so small but so loving and he trusts so completely. Lexus is a snuggle bug too but with a big smile and a mischievous streak. She is a helper girl though and tries to please and get your affection. I love giving them hugs. Ella is our miracle baby...Angela and Randall got her as a foster daughter about a year ago a month or so after she was born about 3 months early weighing only 2.5 lbs. We didn't know then if she would even survive but with their love and affection she is not only alive she is thriving and although I haven't held her I love seeing her smile through the pictures and video I receive. Kaylee will be born any time now and I can't wait to meet her and get to know her personality and I'm sure she will do much to add to my joy and happiness. I can say with all my heart and soul that I love being an auntie to these precious little ones and I hope that as they grow up they feel how much I love and support them.
.....I am truly grateful for my dear friends the kind I have are worth so much more than all the treasures in the world... they are priceless. They are more than just shopping buddies or lunch pals or someone to watch a movie with they are true friends. They have laughed and cried with me. They have helped as I I have made it through my life walking with me and helping to lift me up when I stumbled until I could get up on my legs again and when they couldn't walk with me anymore they were on the sidelines cheering me on. I love them they mean so much to me I know how sweet it is to have dear friends who walk beside you and truly love and support you. Along with this I am so thankful the Lord brought back into my life my two best friends beside my husband. They are the type of friends that you feel like they could be your sisters. I am so blessed to have them in my life again. It's wonderful to have best girl friends to talk to and spend quality time with and to share half your desert with. I have been so blessed to have all my friends but especially my two unrelated sisters they have done so much for me in recent years as all my dear friends have.
I could drone on and on about my blessings but I won't....just know that I carry gratitude and thankfulness in my heart for all I have been given.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love reading your thoughts, you have such a big heart Amanda. :)
There's never a posting too long that speaks of your blessings. =)
Post a Comment