Thursday, November 19, 2009
Acceptance
I have been pondering a lot lately and I have come to some conclusions that I didn't have when I was in my younger days like my teens and early 20s. What I have found out is about acceptance and how it works and how it can have so many different meanings. What used to happen is that someone would do something or behave a certain way and I would take it personally and ache over it or be angry and hold on to that. What I have learned now that I'm almost 30 and have had some life experiences under my belt and have had some counseling is to NOT take something someone else does so personally. I have learned a few simple things the first being that I have absolutely NO control over their feelings or behavior all I can do is control my own and second being that just because someone doesn't behave or do something that you think they should doesn't mean that they don't love you with all that they have. I have tried to learn to be accepting of how other people think about feelings, and love and relationships because it is so different because everyone is different. I happen to need more cuddles and affection and kisses and that's okay but it is also okay for a dear friend of mine to not need as much of that. I have basically realized that just because someone doesn't love you the way that you think they should doesn't mean that they don't love you with all they have or in the best way that they know how. I have also just learned to let some things go and not kill myself trying to win over someone's heart. I figured out that when I do that I use so much energy on a fruitless endeavor that I don't have anything left for the people who do show me how much they care and love me. I have also been figuring out that the loving care of a dear friend can be as wonderful and fulfilling as a family relationship I know that sounds strange but I have two friends that are closer to me than my own sister and from their friendships I have gained so much and feel so much love and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment