My friend Christina is on her last truck driving run across the country...she had to leave again after just a few days with her family but she is happy this is her last run and they have her weaving her way all across the country to Maryland and she only has about a week or so to be there. She then will eventually make her way back home here in Spokane where a CNA job will be awaiting her. She must be lonely and it's a good thing she has unlimited minutes on her Sprint cell phone because the last two days we chatted for hours upon hours which she can legally do as long as she is wearing her blue tooth headset and she is NOT at scales or picking up or recieving a load on her truck...that and when she ran into a blinding snowstorm in Wyoming on her way home from Spokane but let's not go there. I love talking to her aside from Susan in Klamath Falls of course. Christina is an awesome upbeat person and we never get bored talking on the phone and I can only imagine how lonely she must get alone in her truck. I'm sure that when she gets home again for good she and I will eventually met up and hang out but for now we talk and I help talk her across the country and back again. I have been learning more and more about friends and what I'm learning from Christina and some other dear friends is that you should feel better talking to them than you did before and that advice is fine but a good friend isn't mad at you if you don't end up taking they support you whatever you decide is best for you. They also support you and your marriage instead of picking it apart completely. I have had to do more weeding in the friendship department and I think I have learned that sometimes friends are friends for a reason or a season and that if you try to keep it going after that time it just strains, that you can't be friends just because of memories or history shared and that if you don't feel better after talking to them or if they try and force you into doing what they think is best for you then maybe that friendship has died. On the other hand some are meant to last forever and it is just easy and natural to chat with them all day and thankfully I have some dear friends like that Christina and Susan being only just a few.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment