I decided to reread my dad's biography again and this time I was able to get through it without crying. I still miss him nearly everyday of my life but I also trust in the Lord and I know that our family is forever and that if I do my part I will be with my father again. I also know that I can still feel my father near me from time to time he is never far away I just can't see him but I can feel his love and that is enough for me until I can hug him again. This time since I was able to read clearly I started to realize how much of his daughter I am....I have many of the same characteristics that he had. For one, I am not naturally a neat person although I can clean when I want to. That leads me to another thing, my dad marched to the beat of his own drum and I do too. I'm proud of that I don't like to conform to what everyone else is doing. Also his forgiving and kind nature and empathy he had for people even from a young age. I have had to learn to harness this gift but now I can see that this is a gift from the Lord and that if used correctly can not only bless my life but bless the lives of others. I also love to read and love to learn although I too need structure as I learn...my dad struggled with learning when he had too much freedom and so do I. The only thing I don't share with my dad is my shyness my father was not shy at all. I have been learning to overcome that though. Overall I am proud to be his daughter he is a good man and from a young age he taught me so much even in short 10 years.He taught me charity, pure love and kindness, forgiveness, love of learning and books and knowledge, to try my best in everything I do but to not beat myself up if I fail just get up and try again. He also taught me honesty and integrity and morals and most importantly he shared his faith and testimony with me. My father loved the Lord and was not afraid to show it my fondest memories are of him singing loud and proud and off key the hymns at church from the hymn book. I was so happy to read how much my dad loved his scriptures and how much he loved seminary because I do too and also I love to swim just as he did. Overall, I'm proud that he gave me so much and that I got to have him for 10 wonderful years. I miss him but I can rely on my faith and knowledge of eternal families to see me through until we can be a family again.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment