Friday, October 23, 2009

She's Home!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy right now Christina is HOME...she pulled in last night and worked on cleaning out her truck. Sounds simple enough but I guess it wasn't...she told me it's amazing how much she crammed in her sleeping compartment because if you really think about it that was her living space for awhile. She has to drop off one last load and return the truck to the company she works for but then she will be done and she will be home. I am so thankful she is okay, home safe and sound and that she will be able to be with her kids I know how hard it has been for her to be away from them. She told me that she even had to go to Walmart and her youngest who is three his lip just quivered and it broke her heart and her 4 year old daughter just won't tear herself away from mom. I am glad I was able to help lift Christina's spirits enough so that she could finish out her last weeks of work on the road and focus enough on the job at hand so she could get home safely and finish what she had to do. I am glad she is going to be following her true calling of care giving and nursing...I don't think I know a kinder soul on this Earth than her she will be an excellent nurse. I am glad also that she will be able to be a mom again and her kids will be fine once they know mom isn't going back on the road. Her husband is but he has been a trucker their whole marriage he has been home because of illness and temporary disability and to be with the kids awhile but he wants to go back out. I am so proud of Christina I have known her since the fourth grade and she has always been a free spirit she has always been a nomad searching for something. We have been talking a lot about that lately and she agreed with me she realized while she had been on the road that she already has roots her kids. They ground her she still gets an itch to roam every now and then but she realized that she can't roam far. She is going to be doing caregiving through an agency so she will get enough variety to satisfy her itch for change and she can still be with them. Her husband is a good man he volunteered to help us with a pick up to make dump runs before we move..and he is pleased that Christina has a close friend who supports and cares for her. She is making a transitition right now and I can't be selfish she has to reassure her kids that everything is okay first but we do plan on getting together often even if it is at my house. Damian will watch the kids in another room and keep them entertained while we watch a movie of our own or even just talk. She needs that just as much as I do and she appreciates that I am giving her the room she needs to get settled, help her kids and eventually we hope to be able to actually leave the kids with Damian and be able to go out. Right now though it's enough to have her in the same state and time zone. I'm so glad she's back...we lost touch for many years but it's amazing to me how quick we got up to speed it's wonderful having a best friend again. Now all that's missing is to have Susan here in Spokane then I would have my two best best friends and everything would be good.

No comments: