Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shopping today at our new Winco

First off let me say this and get it off my chest I LOVE WINCO!!!!!!!!! I went today with my sister in law Dani and my friend Barb and I am a bargain shopper who was convinced that the only cheap place was Walmart well Walmart has officially been dethroned. I bought a bunch of food (99 items) and only ended up spending 176 dollars then to prove my point further I went to Walmart and spent 118 or so and only got 44 items. That sounds like a lot of food but keep in mind this is for the WHOLE month. I did also discover a couple of other things today Winco was still crowded although the one in the Valley has opened and I discoverd with the help of Dani who was shopping with me and since she only needed a few things she just used my cart that I was speeding up my shopping and in the process forgetting key things in my list. I noticed once she told me to slow down and keep up with her and Barb that an anxiety attack had started and was in full swing so I went into auto piliot to get out of there. She gently calmed me down and I learned in the process I have a general form of anxiety so I am going to be getting me to a dr as soon as I can and get on meds it's going to be the only way nothing else is working aside from my being a hermit and I can't do that. Maybe that explains why every month when I go I get so sore afterwards my whole body tenses for so long that when I relax I physically hurt. I told her my realization and she apologized for getting in my face like that and I just told her no thank you actually I never realized I was doing that. I'm glad you were there to get me to slow down breathe and relax because I didn't know I freak out in crowds. She then offered to take me every month and help me so I don't freak out so bad. She is a good sister in law we get along really well and she is good company. I'm really glad she was there for me today to help me calm down enough to realize that I am scared of crowds as well and that they cause me to go into a full blown anxiety attack this is important for me to know so I can know what I need to get help with. I also appreciate her reminding me gently that it's okay and I can handle it better if I slow down and breathe and she also helped me remember to get everything on my list in addition to helping my friend who is disabled by ms not only grab the things on her list but bag her groceries and get them loaded into her van. I am seeing this in my sister in law and loving her so much more for her gentle generous heart. She was a life saver for me today that's for sure as my anxiety attacks have come back and they are worse than ever before they are centering around my heart and chest and making my heart beat extremely fast to the point where breathing is difficult and also my whole body tenses and my back gets so tense I can't bend or move it until it relaxes again. I didn't know how bad they had gotten until she called me on it lovingly of course so I can get help. I didn't want to get on meds at all but I guess I will have no choice if it means I can get my life back and meanwhile I have her support to go to the grocery store because she didn't realize how much it freaked me out to go. Damian can't go because he doesn't know how to bargain shop and it's too complicated for me to explain it to him so I have done it but it's getting to be too much for me I hate doing it and it really is bothering me but maybe having her there for support and to help me handle it will be better.

No comments: