Wohhooooo!!!! I have some hope finally that things are beginning to turn around I got to talking with Damian last night about so many things and he finally accknowledged to me that he has been letting his mom get in the middle of our marriage and our relationship and that he is sorry. I know that is hard for him to admit as he and his mom have always been close and he doesn't want to hurt her but at the same time I know he loves me and doesn't want to hurt me. We talked about how he can still love her but at the same time set healthy boundaries with her so that way he can still be an adult and go for his dreams and have a healthy marriage. As part of that we decided together that staying out here in Airway Heights after our lease is up is just NOT going to be an option. For some people it would be perfectly fine and healthy to stay close by to either parent but not for Damian his mom and dad have helped us some BUT his mom mostly uses our close proximity to them to her advantage and uses it to tighten her vice grip onto her son. We wanted to move out of area and perhaps we will someday but for now we have decided to look for an apartment back out in the Spokane Valley that is far enough away that she won't use her gas to come out and see us very often. I hate to do that but with some people space is a good and healthy thing. I'm glad Damian is starting to see though what his mom is trying to do. I didn't want to be the bad guy but we have a marriage that is worth fighting for we both love each other and even if we seem a bit odd and mismatched but for some reason we fit well together and it would be a tragedy if our marriage fell apart. Damian also is slowly starting to see that he does have a god given talent and that it's his responsibility to use it to the best of his ability baby steps but right now I will take what I can get and hope for the rest and pray that God will continue to help him with everything else.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think space is good for a marriage. we live close enough to our parents, but far enough that we have our own lives here. Our own friends, ward, etc
Way t go!
Post a Comment