Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hard to do but somehow liberating

I have been battling inside myself for quite sometime now battling between my personality and love for people and needing to have boundaries. I have been learning though from some wonderful people in my life that I can have both and that it's okay when someone crosses a line to tell them that and ask them to back off a little bit. I have always had a hard time with that but I took some giant leaps toward that today and I feel slightly better actually I feel somewhat free like I can breath easier because I am no longer keeping anything inside me to fester and brew resentment. I still have a way to go but it's all part of trying to take care of myself and handling my anxieties and fears and managing them. I am still going to be getting me professional care and help but at the same time I have found that during this growth process for me because that is what it is I have found support and love and help. It wasn't in the way I expected it because they haven't been enabling me and letting me fester or letting me hide from my fears but they have put out their hand figuratively and are walking this road with me and helping me face things and face my worries and fears straight on. It was hard to accept this at first but I'm thankful now I'm thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who is not letting me hide but is using this as a way for me to grow and become better and also to him for knowing this is difficult for me to do and impossible for me to do alone so he has been providing for this by sending help. I am thankful to those he has sent who have been with me and are continuing to do so as I battle. I feel stronger knowing that I'm not alone to do this and that I can make it.

2 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

This is a side note, but in YW I had to teach a lesson on being a wife and mother, and it talked about supporting our husbands. I hope you don't mind, but I used you as an example of being supportive of Damian trying to get his computer certificates and stuff. Just wanted to let you know. :)

Stephani said...

Hey Amanda :) You are such a great example to me, I want to be more like you. I too need to work on letting people know when they cross certain boundaries, because I do the same thing, I just fester over the bad feelings from not being able to really tell them to just back off.
I'm so glad you have great friends in your life who make you feel supported and loved. You are a really wonderful person. I would love to get to know you better, I wonder if we could plan a girls' night sometime? Maybe with Jandre, Renee, and others too... ? Or just you and I, whichever works, and we could go for dessert one night or something, my treat :).