Thursday, August 19, 2010

Love

Love has blessed my life in many many ways and in many many forms I can't express how full of love my heart is and just when I think it overflows it grows to fill with more love for more people. I love that anyway I just wanted to share some awesome quotes about love in many forms.
Marriage:
Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine De Saint-Exupery

The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make -- not just on your wedding day, but over and over again -- and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.
Barbara De Angelis

Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day.
Barbara De Angelis

Friendship

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same.
Anonymous

You May Be One Person To The World But You May Be The World To One Person.
Anonymous .

Without friends no one would choose to live.
Aristotle

A friend is one to whom one can pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keeping what is worth keeping, and, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Arabian Proverb

Family (includes fathers, mothers, etc)

The greatest gift I ever had Came from God, and I call him Dad!
Anonymous

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!
Lydia M. Child

God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers
Jewish Proverbs

An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.
Spanish Proverbs

Sister

Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.
Margaret Mead

You know full well as I do the value of sisters' affections: There is nothing like it in this world.
Charlotte Bronte

Brothers

There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother. ~Astrid Alauda

The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. ~Clara Ortega

Grandparents

A child needs a grandparent, anybody's grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world. ~Charles and Ann Morse

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Aunts/Uncles

“Only an Aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend.”
~ Spanish Proverb

I miss my aunt and my uncle very much and there are not enough words to express how much they mean to me.

~ Heather Mazarakos

I think that sums up some of the various types of love and there is one that still amazes me I can't believe how much I have loved being an aunt it started with little Lexus she was sunshine to the darkness in my soul I couldn't help but love her. Now her sister Kaylee, my nephew Gaige and little Ella have joined places in my heart. It's amazing to me that I can love each of them so fully although they are all different. I never thought I could love them so much they have cleared away the sorrow and pain in my heart and I couldn't love them anymore. I think of them, pray for them and would walk through fire to protect them I never thought I could love a child that was not my own so much.

1 comment:

artiespet said...

Some very insightful comments thanks for sharing them.