I have done really good not getting too overly excited and getting ahead of myself but now I can unleash my excitement. Angela and Randall my sister and brother in law who live in California will officially be adopting their almost two year old foster daughter Ella the 13th of September. I am so excited for them and that also means after that I will be allowed to post pictures of her I was not allowed to do so for privacy reasons but after that I can do as I please pretty much. I am also excited because I have not had the chance to meet her but I will get to for Christmas. We really wanted to get down to California for the adoption proceedings but that was just not going to be possible. This little girl is meant to be in our family there is no doubt about that she is just a gorgeous little girl she is Hispanic and Native American with thick curly black hair she was born with and has kept. She has spunk and is playful and she doesn't quit until she gets what she is after we knew that after her birth. She was born about three months premature her birthday was Oct 31 but she was not due until Feb 3 and although she weighed in at only 1lb 14 oz that little one beat the odds and not only made it but is thriving. She is making constant gains and granted she is not on the same par as other almost two year old's her age but she is catching up and she will get there. She also had to struggle her first few months of life just to survive and learn how to breathe and eat on her own without assistance. We are just grateful she made it and she had the will to live because even the best care and incubators in the world can only do so much. I am so happy for Angela and Randall and that we have an official new addition to our family although Ella has been ours in our hearts the whole time since the very first picture I saw on mom's camera phone.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment