This is the first bit of poetry that I have written in a few years. I can write novels and stories at the drop of a hat but poetry for me has to be inspired. I know it's not perfect or in any kind of formal form but I don't care about that to me it's the feeling that I try and portray that makes it so important. This is for my husband but I wanted to share it here too.
The Lighthouse
A lighthouse provides guidance and light
a protection from the storms that rage into the night.
Let me be a lighthouse as I safely guide you home
Let me help guide you as you see you are not alone.
It's easy to drift away in life's storms
Let me guide you to where it's safe and warm.
It's easy to feel anger and pain a never ending rain
But reach for me I can help you feel love again.
A lighthouse gives constant steady light
as you use it to get home in the night.
I am the lighthouse I am steady too
I will never ever turn away from you.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is beautiful Amanda. And what a sweet message to your husband. Love it.
Post a Comment