Sunday, August 29, 2010

Girly Stuff

I have always been a paradox I am hard to figure out even for myself I am yin and yang I am my own worst enemy sometimes. That's just how I am I played with dolls growing up and loved them like children but hated pink and girly games and loved to be one of the guys playing with He-Man and playing baseball happiest playing with dirt. See what I mean but it gets better. I loved spending time with girl friends watching love stories and romances playing Barbies but I detested makeup and other girly things. I really fought against the grain growing up hating frilly dresses and stuff like that. It's only been as I am older that I am starting to understand myself. I had a PartyLite party for a friend of mine last night and I actually had fun and I actually found things I could enjoy buying to make my home more of a pleasant place to be. It was then and only then that I understood me and who I am as a girl and woman. I will be brutally honest with the exception of a few women whose company I thoroughly enjoy I don't like being around women. The ones I'm talking about that I don't enjoy are catty, two faced, pretentious and fake. I don't do any of those things. I don't think that just because you are a woman that you can't be intelligent or that you should just get a crap college degree because you are just going to be getting married anyway. That doesn't always work and life happens sometimes what if you need to work to take care of your family that does happen. I also don't think that wearing frilly dresses and liking girly crap makes you a woman either. This was when I figured out what kind of woman I want to be and I made peace with me. I want to be intelligent and take care of my body I want to wear makeup but on my terms. I want to wear a pant suit once in awhile but if I find a skirt or dress that I like I want to wear that too. I want choices I don't want to feel like I have to conform to what some one says a woman should be. I want to be strong and do my part to take care of my family and those I love who says that just because I'm a woman that I have to be a damsel in distress but at the same time I want to be soft too and once in awhile be taken care of. I want to love and uplift those around me and uplift and empower my nieces so that they know that the sky is the limit they can be the woman that they want to be that it's just as okay for them to be a doctor or scientist AND a mommy that they don't have to always just choose one or the other.

No comments: