Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guided

For a few years now okay 12 ever since I graduated High School I feel like I have been lost and drifting a Jill of all trades if you will. I had dreams I have carried but haven't had the guts to carry them out so they just waited. I also was needing a direction so I panicked and looked everywhere not realizing that if I had calmed down and had some faith that I would be led on the path I needed to go. I have done just that I didn't panic when I was out of work the middle of May I quieted myself enough to realize had I just calmed down and had been still I would have found my compass a long time ago. I needed to listen to my heart and now I have done just that I have gone back to the type of work that I'm good at. It may not work for anyone else but they aren't the ones holding down the job. It will be a challenge but bring it on I'm ready. Also this job is full time year round which is great and when I get the chance I can also take online classes and be able to afford to do so while still remaining employed. That feels amazing I feel so happy and blessed and that's what happens when you are guided and you don't try and forge your own path. I am kicking myself because had I just calmed down years ago I would have found my true calling in life. I'm not saying I am going to be on the phones forever but it's an avenue that will allow me to get to where I need to be. I'm learning to follow the path God has intended for me to follow no matter what anyone else says or does. I'm learning I need to listen to him and not to anyone else they have their own strengths, weaknesses and paths to follow they need to leave me alone and let me follow mine. I'm learning to trust myself and the strengths I have been given but most important I am learning to trust in him and let him lead me and I'm not feeling dread or fear. That's awesome for me I could have been thrown into a full blown anxiety attack but I feel no fear I feel anticipation and excitement. I think also that when I worked at Venture Data five years ago I developed adaptation skills I put those away but I will need them again. I will need all the things I learned at Venture Data to do this job. Those things include flexibility and not allowing myself to get rattled no matter what may get thrown my way. I know I can do this I have done something quite similar actually, it was called being thrown on a client monitored survey without prior notice and not even a briefing about what the survey was talk about pressure if that didn't rattle me then I need to channel my inner calm and self confidence and do it again. I feel better and happier knowing I was guided to this job I feel it and I know it and I know I will not be forsaken I will be led again and guided as I try and learn this job and what I need to do.

1 comment:

xoelle said...

congrats! new jobs are always exciting- I hope it's just what you NEED.