Friday, April 30, 2010

Why renewing our vows is so important to us

I want to help you all understand something. Damian and I were sealed for all eternity in the Spokane temple and the promises we made there are for that duration. However, we also have survived a 13 month separation and we somehow managed to avoid a divorce when all signs pointed in that direction. Our tenth year of marriage becomes a milestone for us because we almost didn't make it 7 years. We want to celebrate our vows made as husband and wife and remember the choices we made when we came back together to put each other first and to take care of each other and to talk out our problems and disagreements instead of letting everything fester. We want to celebrate our marriage. This is in NO way another wedding not at all in fact we chose a tropical setting so we could have a little fun....I want to wear a fun tropical print dress just because with the warmth of Hawaii it would be more comfortable to wear one and Damian will wear a Hawaiian shirt and khakis. We won't have a cake we also won't have flowers unless you count the complimentary Hawaiian leis around our necks which I don't. We will have pictures taken and a DVD made but that is for memory sakes and to share with loved ones at home but we plan on it just being Damian, myself, the officiator who will personalize our vow renewal ceremony and the photographer and of course a beautiful Hawaiian setting. That's it and that's the way we want it.

1 comment:

Tamy Fosburg said...

I can't believe you're going to Hawaii! That's amazing and awesome and you better blog about it!