Saturday, April 17, 2010

My thoughts on 30

My 30th birthday will be in a few days and I'm actually okay with that. Last year on my 29th birthday I was a mess but a lot has changed in a year. For one thing I did a mental house cleaning. I got rid of anything negative in my life including some people that instead of building me up just tore me down. That was hard to do but needed. I remember when 30 was old ancient really but I can say that while I have a lot I still need to learn that I am a little wiser now than back when I was younger. I have always had a knack for making friends even though I am shy I guess that would surprise you how many friends a shy person can make. I also have tried to love everyone around me the problem was that I didn't know how to harness these gifts so I spent time and energy on people who were negative and didn't treat me with the same consideration and respect that I treated them. It came at a price but I learned how to harness these abilities and have focused on people in my life who build me up and who treat me well and in return I focus my love and energy on building them up too. I go into this birthday year happy, loved and at peace because of this I am drama free and that's the way I want it to be. I can simply enjoy the ones that I love and who love me and that's something to celebrate. I learned a few lessons along the way and one of the biggest ones is that it's not the quantity of friends that you have that matters it's the quality even one dear friend worth having is worth more than 100 fair weather friends. I must be blessed beyond measure then because I have many quality friends worth having and I love them and care for them all and the unique richness and experiences that they bring to my life. They all are different and provide something different that is wonderful and diverse and I am so thankful that they are a part of my life.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Happy 30th!!! Yes, it used to seem so old huh? I'm right behind you, turning the big 3-0 in July. Glad to hear it's a year you're going into with optimism. And yes, I completely agree, one true friend is worth 1000 fair weather ones. :)