I was given a wonderful present for Easter and I don't think my sister even knows how much I appreciate it. Damian and I were invited to their house for Easter dinner but since we were already all together at Grandma's house the night before we decided to just go home with them and stay the night. The next morning was when I received my gift. I love my nieces so so much there is nothing that I wouldn't do for them to love them or to protect them. I have never been able to witness Lexus when she discovered her Easter basket. I got to not only see that and the wonder in her eyes as she realized all that was for her but I also got to help hide her eggs in the living room since she is so small still and help her find them. That was the best present of all along with helping to take care of Kaylee. I love my sister for letting me be such a big part of the girls lives. I love them so much. I love watching them grow and the cute things they say and do and how much they love everyone around them. Lexus gives wonderful loving hugs and kisses and I love how her hand reaches for mine and how she is learning to trust that her Auntie will never let anything hurt her. I am loving how Kaylee is learning to smile at me and make faces and noises as she discovers her hands,feet, voice and people and things around her. I had a great day surrounded by people that I love and I got to see Easter through a child's eyes and that was a great gift. I appreciated the practice too as Damian and I are preparing to become foster parents and take this next step in our lives.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How sweet! I'm glad you got to enjoy your nieces for the holiday. Things truly are so special through the eyes of a child. :)
Post a Comment