Sunday, December 6, 2009
Writing again
I used to write all the time all through out high school papers were littered all over I was writing all the time. I wrote when others went out with their friends or when others would go out on dates and I was okay with that my characters would come alive as I got engrossed in their lives on the page. I always loved writing perhaps because always being a shy person I can't always find the right words verbally especially when the emotion runs very deep. I got into poetry in middle school but unlike some people who can write it on a dime I have to be deeply inspired. I quit taking the time for my poems along with my stories long ago. I don't know why I just did. Lately, I have been feeling the urge to write again. I have tried a few attempts but the story felt forced and wouldn't flow and the story just died. Then I felt inspired to write my in laws a letter and mom told me that it was the best letter she had ever received. She told me I had a real gift for words and I needed to keep trying. I don't want to make anything of it although she wants me to simply because I don't crave that kind of attention. I did publish a poem once and it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I will write again however I do have stories that need to be told but I will do it for me and for a few I want to hear my tales but that is all. I don't want to broadcast what I write because at least for me and the way I write I write from my heart and soul and share parts of myself and that I consider sacred. I am not ready to share myself with the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well I agree with your mother-in-law, from what I read on your blog, you do have a gift with words. :) I'd love to read any poetry or stories you write!
Post a Comment