Thursday, December 10, 2009
A Second Look
I got to give something a second look today and this time I was glad I got that chance. My sister in law Danielle had her debut for Mary Kay tonight and to be honest I went at first just because she is family and I wanted her to know she had my support. I used to do the Mary Kay thing and it was a big flop let me tell you why I just wanted to place an order that was it nothing else I had never used the products before and before you know it I had been coerced into becoming a consultant and it went down hill from there. My director instead of helping me learn the products and the business convinced me that I would pick it up as I went along and convinced me that instead of using what little money I had to buy product so I would know what I was selling that I needed to buy a starter kit. She also told me that I needed 600 dollars worth of inventory right off the bat in order to be a consultant and that I could coerce my family and friends into helping me at my debut which was a real farce because they aren't made of money and that ruined my experience. From there I struggled because I didn't have the inventory I "needed" and I talked to people but no one wanted a facial and I wasn't doing well anyway because I had no product to wear even if I could do a facial. Then Mary Kay is supposed to have the motto of Faith first then family and then your business well shortly after I started my marriage went downhill and we separated no time for me to think about my business when I was an emotional wreck. My director didn't even care and yelled at me so I let my consultant agreement lapse from inactivity I am not blaming Mary Kay it's just that the first experience left a BAD taste in my mouth too bad considering what Mary Kay stands for and the charitable work done and the fact that the goal of the business is to empower women and give them self worth and confidence. Well I tried to go back tonight with an open mind and I did tell Dani that she can practice on me telling me about the Mary Kay opportunity just so she can get it nailed down. I want her to do well so I agreed. Well, to my surprise her debut was not a farce or circus like mine had been other consultants were there just to help her out and the director was kind and personable. I found myself wanting to come back to learn more about the products especially since my skin is so sensitive. I want to know what they have that could work for me. She had heard about what happened to me and apologized and wanted me to know that was NOT what Mary Kay was about and that shouldn't have happened to me. I told her that I would maybe try again someday but not until I could have a chance to experience the products for myself and she agreed and let me know that she understood completely that I can['t sell what I myself don't use, love and know about. Even if I don't end up selling it myself I am grateful that I got to know a REAL Mary Kay experience I know Dani will do well she has the support of Hope the gal who helped her get started and of her director who are both loving kind women who will do all they can to help her and the other consultants who were there tonight seemed to be all to ready and willing to help Dani out and that is what it should be. Her debut tonight was no pressure to get any thing it was just to let her know that we support her and have her back and that is the best way. Times are tough and right now tough guy tactics are NOT going to get anyone to buy anything especially when compared to paying bills getting makeup and skin care products is not a priority item.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment