Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What I believe this world needs

I usually don't get on my soapbox about a lot of things but this is my blog so I am gonna. I have figured something out about myself I love peace and love and harmony I HATE hatred, bigotry and fighting. I HATE when innocent blood is shed ANYWHERE in this world. I hurt when I think of the Holocaust EVERY SINGLE ONE of them and the fact that they didn't need to die. I hurt when I think of Oklahoma City and the bombing there especially the innocent children who were in the day care center there. I cringe to see images from 9/11 and my heart cries inside. We are all God's children why do we have to do this? My heart is not capable of understanding this. I feel in my heart that love, acceptance and understanding would do so much maybe not solve everything but it would do something. My friend Barb says that God gave me a heart big enough to swallow the world she just may be right. I hid that about myself for a long time but now I am proud of that especially now in a world where hate is prevalent. I am proud that I still believe love and mercy still exist, I am proud to reach out my hand to help someone in need. I am proud that I still care enough to tell EVERYONE how much I love them family or not. I am proud that I try and do all I can to comfort and mourn with someone. I don't do any of this to get praise or attention but because it is not only the right thing to do but it is a way I feel that I can make a small difference and I REFUSE to stop. I may not be able to help or save everyone but I can do what I can for as many as I can. I want to include some videos that I feel sum up how I feel so much better than I ever could so enjoy and feel free to give me some honest feed back.




1 comment:

Stephani said...

Yes, you do have a very big heart Amanda. :) I'm glad to know you.