Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting back to what really matters

This year Damian and I are keeping Christmas simple like we always did but this time around instead of feeling guilty because we can't afford to go all out I don't. I realized this year all of 2009 basically what really counts and what really matters. I'll give you a hint it's NOT Christmas trees, decorations or piles and piles of gifts. I realized this year how blessed Damian and I are although we have little material wealth or possessions. We are blessed to have a warm home, I know that sounds crazy I used to complain about living here all the time but when it was COLD out there and I would come back in and the central heat would be on I realized how blessed I am to have some place warm. We are blessed to have food to eat when so many have to wonder where their next meal will come from. We are blessed to have each other for love and companionship. We have been blessed with a wonderful loving ward and kind bishop. We have been blessed with the love that comes from family and true friendships. We have been given so much all ready gifts are nice but we are all ready rich in what matters. We have plans to enjoy a simple Christmas this year with plenty of family, a ham dinner with all the fixings and perhaps a reading of another simple birth that is the reason the celebration of Christmas began.

No comments: