Friday, December 18, 2009

Girls Night Out

Last night I had a really good time. My sister in law Dani just started doing Mary Kay and to help her out we are setting follow up appointments to try makeup looks for one and for two to give her a chance to practice using her flip chart. We had such an appointment last night at Damian's Aunt Joys house. It was just Dani, myself, my mother in law and Aunt Joy but we had a good time. We tried on makeup and it was nice to get real feedback and not crappy fake compliments, talked and we had a salad dinner. Mom brought green salad and a variety of different toppings for it, Dani and I brought pasta salads and Joy provided some salad toppings, 7-Up and desert. It was a lot of fun. What made it really fun and special for Dani and I honestly though was this time with our mother in law. For Dani especially this has been hard for her because when she married Shawn mom and dad were on pins and needles with Heather one of their daughters and when all this was going on mom kinda neglected the rest of us. Dani took that personally and so it was hard for her to get to know the kind loving person that Damian's mom can really be. It was special that Dani got to see that tonight and I'm getting to know my mother in law more and more. I have been in the family a long time now but I'm realizing mom is like an onion you can only peel off a little bit at a time because most of the time she really guards herself behind her sense of humor that is her defense mechanism. I am learning to see her for who she is and I am loving what I am seeing.

No comments: