Monday, February 16, 2009

An interesting thing happened to me tonight

Something interesting happened to me tonight that I want to blog about I don't know what to make of it really. I was just sitting at home and it was 8 o'clock time for one of my guilty pleasures on Monday nights The Bachelor well anyway it had just started when I hear a knock on my door. I open it carefully since I am home alone and I see a teenage girl on my front porch who wants to borrow a phone. I don't have a problem with that so I let her in and she calls her best friend who lives next door whom she was trying to visit and finds out she won't be home for awhile well she doesn't want to turn right around and go home so she asks me if she can hang out for about 20 minutes or so and just wait. I told her that was fine and she takes a seat and she just started talking to me. I felt bad for the girl she put on a brave tough girl front but underneath all that she told me I saw a troubled girl who is lost and searching for something. We talked quite a bit and she told me all kinds of things and told me that her mom is cool and all that but doesn't really get her. I listened and before I knew it her friend had come and she had left right before she did though she asked if she could come and see me again sometime so I told her that was okay. I still don't know what to make of it or how she even knew to come to my door because I had forgotten to turn my porch light on and there is no car in the driveway. I know better though to know it isn't a coincidence I just wonder why this girl was directed to my home and I am going to pray for her and hope that whatever reason it was that she found what she needed.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

That is really wonderful that she felt so comfortable talking to you. I was once one of those "missing something" teens, and I know it would have been so wonderful to have a friend/mentor in someone as caring as you are. I hope she does come see you again and get to know you better.:)