I have been really thinking the last few days about my status as a woman especially since I am a woman in a very motherhood and family oriented religion. For a long time this has plagued me because as I am childless I felt personally that I didn't measure up somehow or I wasn't good enough. However, that changed for me recently as I have realized that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father and that he loves me and well if he loves me and thinks I'm good enough as I am then that is good enough for me. I also have realized that somethings that are natural in women such as love and kindness isn't just for motherhood but can be used in other areas. So I am beginning to see that although I still grieve about not being a mother and I still hope and pray for a miracle and I still feel anger when people see fit to judge a situation they know NOTHING about that I can still celebrate being a woman and womanhood. My sister in law Dani has been dealing with infertility as well and she and I have been bonding lately over our similar experiences and we have decided that instead of moping around Mother's Day and just going through the motions to honor the mom's in our lives that we are going to get up and stop moping and celebrate just being women. We know this won't completely erase the pain in our hearts that comes when something that is badly wanted isn't happening BUT it will raise our spirits and give us a break because although we dearly love the men in our lives they are still men and can drive us up the wall. She had a great idea to see a chic flick or do something that we will enjoy that we know our husbands wouldn't. I told her that is just fine with me and we just might make this an annual tradition. I love all you moms out there I really do so don't be offended but celebrating just being a woman is the best I can do right now.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you have so many people who seem to judge you about not having kids. You need to talk to different people!
I think it's like Jason says--you never really know the full story of what's going on in someone's life, so you should be slow to judge them. I think that the world would be a better place if we all minded our own business a little better!
I'm glad you have Dani to talk to (well, not that I'm glad that you two have fertility issues, but you know what I mean!). It's always better to talk to someone who is going through it because they understand it. I would want to support you in any way I could, but I know I wouldn't do as good of a job.
Post a Comment