Damian and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this June we can't believe that we have been married that long already. Where does the time go? It honestly seems just like yesterday that we were a giddy bride and groom standing outside the temple on our wedding day. Wow time flies I guess. Anyway, we are gearing up for a much bigger anniversary our 10 year and we decided that we want to do something really special something to make that anniversary one that will be not forgotten. We decided that we are going to renew our wedding vows in an intimate ceremony in Hawaii just the two of us. It's not a second wedding and although there will be a minister there we are already married so we will just reaffirm our love for one another and that person will be there just for formality sake. We chose Hawaii because we want to have a romantic spot to do this. I found a website that will arrange everything for us and because it's NOT a wedding we can wear whatever we want and while we both could wear swimsuits we aren't comfortable being that casual so we have elected for me to wear a nice dress probably in a soft pastel color and for Damian to wear a white hawaiian style shirt and khaki slacks. We are planning on just a simple vow renewal ceremony and some pictures nothing too over done or over the top since the idea is just to recommit to each other. We want to do this mainly because we almost didn't make it and we want to celebrate that we did. We want to also FINALLY get a matching wedding set and save it to give to one another there in Hawaii since we were idiots and gave away the rings we did have. We found out that we can reserve the date June 24th 2010 if all goes well with a 100 dollar deposit and have until May 2010 to pay the rest I can handle that. We are also discovering since everything is being kept so simple that we can afford to do this so I'm really really getting excited. We think this will be something we can look back on with fondness ALTHOUGH I know it will NEVER replace the memories we have of being married in the Spokane temple and the feelings we felt there I think it will just build on it and be another memory for us to treasure for the rest of our lives.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that sounds really cool. What a wonderful idea to formally recommit to each other in celebrating that you've made it so far.
I'd love to do something like that with Aaron, and Hawaii would be really fun, I've never been there. What's the company you're planning it all through? I'd be curious to check out some rates and all that...
Post a Comment