Friday, February 20, 2009

An apology for all the grief I may have caused my friends in the past

This post is dedicated to ALL my friends but especially the ones that were there for me during my worse moments the moments when so much hurt was inside me so deep that it came out in bursts of rage and they could have thrown up their hands and said "I give up I'm done" but fortunately they had enough fortitude and insight to ride out the tempests with me and the storms got worse before they got better but they rode them out until it was clear sailing and fair weather. I'm saying this because I know am in the position they had been in years ago. Damian has lots of unresolved hurt inside him that is over 20 years old well long ago i was just starting to scrap the surface and accidently would trigger something of that old pain well today I went deeper. I was going to stop but like an irritant irritates an oyster I knew I had to irritate him just enough to let the storm rage. This sounds like I was being cruel but I prayed about it first and remembered that the formula for rage like his is simple PAIN + TIME =ANGER that and I know this because prior to the outburst he had gone into detail about some of his childhood and it must have triggered a painful memory and if he is like me at all it's easier for it to come out as anger. I must have gotten deeper this time because it was a bad storm but I was okay he is NOT a violent person he was reacting the same way I had done with my friends who were my catalyst that got me to vent all my pain out. Afterwards we talked and I told him all about my experiences and how he needs to get this out of him before it eats him alive and he can't just push it down and that he can get it out with anger but that it just might be easier to talk about it and get it out with tears instead. Damian thanked me for not leaving him and for still loving him and it was hard I admit but now I think I appreciate my friends more especially the ones who rode out my tempests with me and waited for the storms to blow through. Thanks so so much you are all godsends I love you all

No comments: