Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's time I start taking care of me

I have been realizing ever so slowly that I have a really hard time taking care of myself and this has been causing me some problems. I have gotten fatter over the years because I don't take the time for myself that I should to eat better and exercise and I love being there for everyone in my life so much that I tend to forget to take time for myself once in awhile to just relax and enjoy whatever it is that I enjoy doing. However, I have decided that as much as I love everyone who is in my life I need to love myself too so that means more of a balance I will find time to learn how to eat healthier and time to get exercise and time to take a breather. I figure if I have time to watch tv for hours on end in the evening I should have time to make better choices. One of my first goals is to buy an exercise bike I saw on online at target.com that is supposed to be smaller so that will help since I don't have a lot of space. I'm figuring that I can get started with that and go from there. I also have plans to make the money work so I can get back to Weight Watcher's and also get into step aerobics again. I used to do step aerobics and I really enjoyed doing it although traditional aerobics is still torture for me I am not coordinated enough. I think this time I will succeed where I failed before because this time I'm doing this for me and my health and well being and this time I'm not going to let myself get sabotaged. I am realizing that my current weight for my height is not good and that I'm the only one that can do something about it no one is going to do it for me.

2 comments:

Renee' P said...

Sweet Amanda,
I'm proud of you. I wish I could offer some advice, but I can't.
Do you watch The Biggest Loser? I LOVE that show. It motivates me to make sure I'm eating healthier and keeping in shape. Just a thought.
Well, good luck w/your new goal. Don't set your goals too high to start off with. Just gradually increase what you can do.

Carson said...

Amanda, Elaine and I find that doing a lot of walking helps too. It is very inexpensive, and gets us away from the TV. You go girl!