Monday, September 22, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Tonight I was listening to a Michael McLean cd that Damian found and as I did I felt the spirit so strongly that was our impromtu family home evening it didn't start out that way but we both felt so good listening to it that we didn't want to stop. As I listened I also got to pondering my blessings and how good the Lord has been to me. From time to time it is easy to get caught up in the woe is me game my problem however is that I get stuck there and forget how blessed I truly am. Once I started counting my many blessings one by one my cup has runneth over. I want to list just a few......I'm thankful for a roof over my head and food to eat and warmth for many do not have such things. I am thankful for my husband and family every single one of them who has stood beside me and loved me my whole life. I am thankful for loving dear friends who saved me from being bullied and picked on who saw the pain in my eyes and loved me. To this day many of you are in my life and I have been truly blessed by your love and friendship and devotion. I love you more than I can express although I hope you feel it because I would not be where I am today without you. You laughed with me, cried with me and helped me bring out the potential I had locked inside. You never turned away from me ever but showed me Christlike love and charity and I love you for all this and so much more because of you all I learned how to be a friend. I am thankful for a loving God who knows us and who gives us what we need not what we want but always what we need. He has put things in my life and people in my life that have made me so much better than I was. I am thankful for being able to be an auntie to a darling little girl who smiles and blows me kisses and who gives her auntie so much joy and warms my heart with her love her hugs and her kisses. She has done more to heal my broken heart over being childless than I could have ever thought possible. So for these things and many more I am so thankful, my cup has runneth over and I'm sure that our loving God isn't done yet.

2 comments:

Renee' P said...

I am happy for you Amanda. I just love those experiences! Usually, for me, when you get that spiritually fullfilled from something like that, it means that I've been missing that in my life. You are a wonderful and strong woman. I know it hurts you to be childless, but you have so much to give others! You are a mother in other ways, like to your niece. Keep being strong and things will get better.

Stephani said...

I also love the Michael McLean CD's, they are so uplifting. That's so great that you and Damian were able to make an impromptu FHE out of it. That's actually a really good idea, so I'm glad you shared, I think one of these next FHE's in our house we'll try listening to uplifting music for our lesson, my kids love music.
I'm sorry if you ever felt bullied or picked on by anyone, that makes me mad, because you are one of the sweetest most wonderful girls I know. I'm glad to have you for a friend. And I know that adorable little niece of yours recognizes a special lady when she sees one too, she's lucky to have you also.