Last night Damian and I tried a new idea that I had thought of...we shut off our computers and electronics including our phone and we sat down together over some totino's pizza and watched tv together for a few hours. The original plan was to find a movie we both wanted to watch but we found some tv shows we watched instead. Overall, the "date" went okay we were able to spend some quality time together which was important but it was a little awkward I must admit. Damian and I have both been guilty of living in separate worlds lately him back in the back room playing with his computers and electronics and me playing on my laptop. However, at least we both see the need to reconnect once in awhile so although last night was a little rough we decided to keep going and keep trying to "date" each other again even if we can't afford to go out. I don't think it matters where you go or what you do so long as you make time for each other and make each other a priority. I think next week will get easier as we learn to rediscover each other again and learn to turn off our electrical toys for awhile and learn to talk and connect again. I think if we keep this up we will be back in balance where we can better balance our needs for our own space and needs for some time together as a couple.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree w/that. After your married for a while life gets in the way and sometimes you are living separate lives. We are like that too at the moment. It's important to remember each other and fill the void. I love spending time just w/Vince and it's even harder w/a 2 yr old. So good for you guys. Keep it up! Dates are sooooooo important in marriage!
Post a Comment