Saturday night Damian and I went over to his mom and dad's for dinner along with his Aunt Joy and his brother Shawn and Shawn's wife Dani their roommate was there too so it was pretty cool. Mom and Dad have a small trailer though but somehow we all fit which was amazing in and of itself....the reason we all got together was to plan our meals for the reunion. I had been hesitant to relenquish any control over that but by the end of the night I was glad I had. I now have to only buy a few items from the store instead of a whole bunch so I'm glad I got rid of my pride a little. I'm also glad I found the courage to really be honest about what has been happening with Damian and what his dr's appt was really going to be about. I was expecting a fallout but his folks and Aunt were really calm about which was surprising to me. I am just relieved there are no more secrets. I really don't believe in keeping anything from family. Also I learned a few things just by talking to his Aunt Joy....she and I haven't seen eye to eye and that has been a struggle for me it has also been a struggle for me that somehow Heavenly Father wanted her to be my visiting teacher I didn't understand why until last night. Damian and I have been struggling to make ends meet things have been extremely tight we have help with food but not with basics like toliet paper and stuff. Well, we were out and trying to figure out what to do when we found a whole bunch of that on our front porch. I saw Billie Sue my other visiting teacher's car pull away but I wondered how she knew until Joy told me she told her and it was a joint effort. I was moved by that simple act especially since Joy in the past has said a lot of unkind things to me and about me regarding my place in the family. I also learned that her long lost daughter (her kids blamed her for her divorce from their dad and didn't want anything to do with her) is coming for a visit and wants to make amends and that moved Joy more than I had ever seen her she is so happy and emotional and excited. Then something hit me I realized I had played a part in my bad relations with Joy I had judged her and her bristly exterior at face value and hadn't bothered to try and understand what was underneath. Underneath was a soft hearted caring soul who had been so hurt by her children's snub that she tried to pretend she didn't care by being so hard and sometimes bristly and curt.....I learned a lession Saturday night a couple of them 1) don't judge a book by it's cover take a peek inside you just might be pleasantly surprised 2) be kind and loving to everyone even if they have been snide and rude to you it just might be someone's defensive mechnanism and 3) Heavenly Father has a rhyme and reason for everything even when we don't know what it is. Also Damian and I learned that night that his sister Angela and her husband Randall who have been on an adoption waiting list for over 3 years now have finally consented to be foster parents so way to go for them I'm happy for them and can't wait to hear updates....Heavenly Father sure does work in mysterious ways and I'm glad I finally have fully reached a point where I trust completely and am no longer going to question anything he says or does he can make more out of my life than I can I just make a mess of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment