Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ham Radio Isn't So Bad

For months on end now Damian had been driving me crazy talking on and on about getting his ham radio license that was all he could talk about. He got all the study materials he needed off the internet and for months every waking moment was spent reading over his materials. I tried helping him but although I tried to stay awake and support my husband the material was boring to me all about electrical stuff although it fascinated him. Well, anyway he got his license earlier this month and I'm proud of him and his efforts that he learned that if you put hard work and effort into something it will pay off. Well anyway he has joined a ham club and at first I had mixed feelings about that but now I'm glad that he did he is making some new friends with some really nice people who share his interests. He is also going to be involved with some kind of training excercise to make sure ham operators are ready to respond in case of an emergency situation so that will be good for him. He is all excited to be going to a ham fest tomorrow he was only going to stay for just a couple of hours and then head home by bus but some fellow hammies want him to go with them to Mongolian Grill out in the Valley and I get to join them so that will be fun. All in all I guess I have to concede and say that ham radio isn't so bad after all it has it's uses and he seems to enjoy it and making friends has been hard for Damian and he seems to be making quite a few so that is a good thing.

No comments: