Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Damian's Family Reunion Part 1

Damian and I are back from his family reunion we got back on Sunday actually but our internet was down for a couple of days. So much stuff happened that I have decided to break the posts up and the second one will include pictures hopefully fingers crossed. Damian and I left on Friday evening and we rode in his brother, Shawn and his wife, Danielle's van. It was an interesting ride to say the least as we got lost but we got there. Dani and I figured it would be easier if we unpacked the van and let the guys set up two tents that sounds unfair but they actually got them set up fairly quickly. Once they were set up Dani had me walk with her to the bathroom one last time that night and then we parted ways and went into our tents (we had adjoining camping spots) and we went to sleep. I have not camped in a LONG time and was not used to getting woken up by the sun. Damian woke up shortly after I did and we went outside and just sat enjoying the beautiful morning for awhile. Dani and Shawn woke up and then we just bsed and Damian and I got to know two of Damian's relatives cousins of his mom's, Jerry and his wife Joyce who were camping in an rv in a spot next to Shawn and Dani. Then after awhile we got breakfast going, Shawn, Dani, Damian, Mom, Dad, Aunt Joy and I all contributed and we had a feast I'm not kidding. There were pancakes, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and juice. Then after clean up more relatives began arriving and we just had fun visiting before the potluck later on and I got to pig out on more food. Then more laughter and visiting then we had a family aution to make some money for next years reunion which will more than likely be held in Ferndale, WA. The aution was a HUGE success and now that I know that homemade baked goods sell well next year I plan on contributing some. Then FINALLY late into the night we went to bed and then the next morning we ALL ( like 19 or so of us) met at this cute little cafe to have breakfast before taking off. We literally almost filled the place but the portions were HUGE and the food was really really good. Then we gave our hugs and our good byes and we all went our separate ways. The ride home was interesting to say the least but we made it home and Damian and I agreed that we really had a great time his family is very friendly and caring and they don't judge, they also don't compete with each other about who's kids are doing better than who's they really are just content being together. We agreed that we need to come every year if we can and also that we now have more family to add to our Christmas list.

No comments: