Damian and I this afternoon had to say good bye to a faithful friend and companion for over 6 years, Callie one of our 3 cats passed away this afternoon. She had gotten a really bad bacterial infection and just as she seemed to be doing well she started losing weight and energy and her spunk we took her in to the vet but there wasn't anything to be done. She died this afternoon in Damian's arms and will be buried up at my grandma's house tomorrow afternoon. Damian and I already feel the void in our family she wasn't known to be a lap cat but she was always at our feet or somewhere nearby rubbing up against us with her very long beautiful fur. She was a sweet cat but also kept her independence but yet somehow she was in tune with me and my anxiety attacks sticking to me like glue whenever I had one and in her own way letting me know I was going to be okay and that she still loved me no matter what the situation was. I know Callie is in kitty heaven an angel like her has got to be I'm sad about her not being with us but I also can look back on 6 wonderful years with her in our lives and I'm thankful for every one of them in her own way she was a very special, very loving cat.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry about your loss. It's very hard to lose a long time pet.
Amanda, I just saw the note you left on my blog. I'm so excited that you have one and I can keep up with you better now! :)
I'm sorry about Callie. My Cally is turning 16 this month, and every day I wonder how much longer she'll last. She seems healthy, but I know that can change quickly when their little bodies get sick.
Keep in touch, cousin, and keep your chin up! I love you!
Post a Comment