Recently I have been accused of everything from being passive aggressive to not making time in my life for family to not taking the time to call and chat. You know what that's fine you can think that if you like I can't change anyone's mind but what I can do is tell you I am not passive aggressive I have learned to speak up clearly for what is important to me and I have learned to stand up for myself. I do make time to love and take care of my friends and family ask them all sometime how I balance between them all and still manage to give them all I have to give. I also make time to call and chat but at the same time friendships and family relationships go both ways. Recognition goes both ways I will acknowledge you and your existence if you make time to acknowledge and care about mine it really is as simple as that. What especially hurts is that I have been accused of not acknowledging an upcoming family member's birthday and it isn't even here yet but yet when mine passed they nor their spouse could be bothered to call me, text me or even send me a short face book note. I don't ask for a lot but don't expect me to acknowledge and celebrate your birth and existence on this planet if you won't do the same for me. All my life I killed myself trying to make others happy and to try and get people to love me but I've had enough. I am still a loving and giving person but that means that I also have to stand up for myself and my right to love myself as well. You can't yo yo in and out of my life and expect it to be fine. You can't expect me to drop everything for you if you won't do the same for me. You can't expect me to call you all the time if you won't bother to pick up the phone to call me. I have loved ones who give me that same courtesy and respect and kindness and those are the people that I make time for and spend my energy on if that is passive aggressive or selfish than fine but I don't think so. I just now have been getting my severe anxiety under control I do not need to take steps backward and give myself another mental breakdown because I decided to let everyone walk all over me and treat me with disrespect yet expect me to drop everything to come running to them. No I will not do that to myself again.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
be strong sister.
We all need to surround ourselves with people that lift us up, not bring us down. Don't feel bad!
Post a Comment